a weekend in copenhagen



Liam and I went to Copenhagen last weekend! I travelled internationally! For the first time in almost exactly two years! I was so happy. So much to see everywhere.

I got more tired, too. Before the pandemic I spent a few years travelling internationally quite a lot, and I was tired, but certainly less tired than this; it's a habit, isn't it, navigating crowds and trains and packing and new people and public transport and languages and just newness.

And this time, it all felt like a blessing. I enjoyed it all.


Our main reason to visit was to see Miranda. I'm so glad I met Liam and got his best friend as my own friend too! <3 On Friday night when we got there we had falafel dinner with Miranda and Malthe ...


... before going dancing! There was balboa in a cute bar in town.






And I finally got to meet Miranda's and Liam's friends Alexander (dancing with Miranda) and Patricia (dancing with Liam)! I've heard so much about them that it felt like we'd already met ... But now we actually have. :)


Also. I love bars where they have not one, but FOUR different flavours of still, non alcoholic drinks to choose from. This one's rhubarb. So tart, so good.


On Saturday Liam and I had a lie in (vacation!) and then we went out for a walk. We had lunch at this cute pizza place ...


... where they had a different brand of super tasty, still, non alcoholic drinks! Sweden, be like Denmark!


Then we went out to look at street art. Giant street art!




I think this one is my favourite (there were sixteen different art works all in all).



And then we took a slow walk home through Nordvest.


And I took photos of mostly signs. Not on purpose, but when I came home and looked at the photos, that's what had caught my attention. Other people photograph people or buildings or trees ... I photograph signs. Always have.






Hund i snor!*



Happy tourists!


Then we made it to Miranda's place for her birthday party, yay! More party pictures coming up in another post. So so fun to be able to travel to Copenhagen so easily "just" for a party (even though it wasn't "just" for a party).



The day after we had a chill morning & lunch and then Liam and I hopped on the train back to Gothenburg, tired and happy. Thank you Miranda + Malthe for having us, it was such a joy.

*In Danish it means Dog on a leash; in Swedish it means Dog in snot.

Tony Anderson & Chris Coleman | Tenderness

No comments :

Post a Comment