a saturday in derbyshire & yorkshire



Last Saturday Liam and I decided to go somewhere pretty, and we're so close to it now that it's hard not to choose the Peak District. It was already past noon once we managed to get ourselves out of bed, and weekend breakfast still tends to take hours for us, so it became a short trip, but a good one.




We went to Edale




and to Castleton, and mainly spent time walking around looking at things. Turns out Edale is a good place to start longer walks, and I can't want to go back in the spring and take hikes. It's so close! It's so pretty!


Then we drove north to Huddersfield where Rosie and Marshal made Saag Paneer for dinner. SO GOOD.







And then obviously board game night. This time we played Betrayal at House on the Hill, which was brilliant once we got the hang of it - it's the kind of game that will get even better next time we play it. And then, of course, Codenames. Six months ago the picture version was too hard for me, I felt I didn't have enough descriptive words. Not anymore. <3

I just said to Liam the other day that I feel so lucky to be here. To just take these daytrips and see things and talk about things and breathe them in. I get to experience all these places and sayings, views and accents, traditions and surprises. I thought that the UK would be so similar to Sweden, but it's all so different! And I wouldn't have known if I didn't have this access to the culture that I have now. Coming here as a tourist before, I didn't feel it was all that different. But once i started scrathing the surface, it's all surprising. Some of it annoys me to no end. Some of it I find immensely beautiful. And it's all interesting. The buildings are different, the landscape! I love it!, small talk is different, the hidden meanings behind words are different, politics, newspapers, fashion, trends, food, it's all different. And I just want to be here and experience it all.

Led Zeppelin | Bron-Yr-Aur

No comments :

Post a Comment