waffle breakfast & louisiana



After Hygge Blues, Liam and I stayed in Copenhagen for two days, before we took the train to Gothenburg for Swingin' Spring. We stayed with Helene and Miranda in their lovely apartment, and woke up to a waffle brunch on our first day there. <3







Later that day Liam and I went to Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, which is one of my favourite places on earth. Liam isn't that into art (I know - some of you probably gasp as loudly reading this, as I do when someone says "my boyfriend isn't that into music" or "my boyfriend doesn't read much" ... But what can I say, I fell in love with the man) but I really wanted to take him once as it's such an important place to me.


Unfortunately we were both tired and grumpy and it wasn't a great day. I didn't love the exhibitions, either; I think it may be the first time I've been there that I didn't really find anything especially interesting.



Liam felt ostracised by the art lingo and the general eliteness of the place, which was an important wake up call for me. I forget that I have the privilege of having a relationship with modern art, a relationship I've nurtured for more than twenty years. To me it all feels incredibly accessible. I forget that modern art is a language and if you don't speak it, if you don't have anything to relate it to in your life, it's very likely to feel like a clique that you're not invited into; strange rituals, impossible to decode. (Kind of like sports feel like to me.)


He's also the kind of person that you need to tell that you're not necessarily supposed to touch the artworks, which I find ... oddly refreshing.




The only bit of Pippilotti Rist exhibition that I really liked was this room, and to be honest, I probably liked it mostly because it's similar to (but not as good as) ...




... Gleaming Lights of the Souls by Yayoi Kusama, which is always worth going to Louisiana for.


Oh, honey. :)

Drew Gehling & Jessie Mueller from the Waitress soundtrack | You Matter To Me

No comments :

Post a Comment