edinburgh lindy exchange 2019



Oh hello Edinburgh! Last year at Edinburgh Lindy Exchange was my first time at that event, and I decided then and there that I had to go again. It's one of the nicest, kindest events I know and it happens in one of the most lovely cities.


Liam and I started our weekend with dinner with Mark and Rosie, both all around good eggs!



I had this caramely, chocolatey ball of goodness for dessert.


<3


Then we went dancing and I didn't take a single photo all evening!


But just look at this city though it's so prettyyyy


The next morning it was time for the shag & balboa brunch! One of my (many) favourite parts of this event.


Claire had brought all her pretty hair paraphernalia and did people's hair. (I got pincurls!)


:)




And then we danced!


The brunch was held in a church hall with a secret garden at the back, with this view. I drank it in.


After that, Rafi and Liam and I skipped dancing at the Mound (!) to go for waffles. Didn't manage to get a photo of the lovely boys, but they look like this :).


And then we met up with some other fabulous dancers to get ice cream. Yes, you can see where this weekend was heading food-wise. :) It was very noms! But once we got the ice cream in us I left the group and headed home, since it was getting late in the afternoon, and I had to get back to our host for my well needed (a.k.a. crucial) nap.


Evening dancing at Greyfriars Kirk! Such a beautiful venue, and I had a great night. Here's some dancing:








And here's Rafi with his miniature fan. :)


Reverent Juke from Brussels played both Friday and Saturday, and they're an absolutely amazing band. I loved every set they did!


Best bit? Their singer can ACTUALLY SING. You've heard me complain about this many times before, but I've just really had enough of swing bands who don't have a proper singer, but they just let any random person in the band sing who can moderately keep a tune. This singer was a delight to listen to.


The crowd agreed!

After this, there was a blues after party, and I should have had a wonderful time but I was emotional and sad and struggling, so I hid in corners and missed out on dancing to a great band and fabulous DJ:s. Oh well. It happens.


The morning after I woke up a few hours earlier than Liam and decided to go for a walk and explore while he slept. I ended up at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery, which I obviously loved.


I didn't have time to see it all, so I picked a display called the Modern Portrait, which I thoroughly enjoyed!


Scones + still lemonade for breakfast! In Sweden it's near impossible to get still lemonade in a bottle, it's all fizzy here (if you can find any lemonade at all). I try to get it in the UK as I can.



And then there was afternoon dancing, and then we had dinner and a quiz, with these teammates. :) The farewell dance later that night was my favourite of the weekend - I had such amazing dances and lovely hugs and chats. This event really attracts the best people! Please never stop, ELX! You're doing it right.

Wynton Kelly | Do Nothing Till You Hear From Me

No comments :

Post a Comment