oslo lindy exchange 2019 part I



Two weeks ago, I was invited to Oslo Lindy Exchange as the official photographer. The weekend was a delight, with lovely dancers, a beautiful venue and brilliant musicians. I also didn't mind being able to lie in every morning - lindy exchanges (events that typically don't have classes) are amazing like that. :)

Here are some favourite photographs from Friday evening, with a taster class, mix & match prelims, a fab big band and lots of dancing:














The morning after we went to beautiful Kulturhuset for a taster class and daytime dancing.











And then we went for lunch with some good friends that I see too rarely, like Emelie and Dagrun.



We went to a food hall and I got a delicious burger (I'll always pick burgers if I can, as you know). This is the best photo I got while we were there. Ha! :)


After that it was time to go back to our hosts for some rest and to get ready for the evening. When Liam and I got there (yep I took my boyfriend with me to work this weekend :)), Sean was visiting, and he and our host Andrea were already busy drinking whisky. :) I found my way to my comfy bed for my afternoon nap, but Liam doesn't hate whisky, and he was soon sucked into the discussion (and the whisky drinking). The discussion revolved mainly around whisky barrels made of wood from trees that only grow in remote, very specific areas, where the villagers eat only strawberries for every meal, and then when the trees drink their strawberry wee from the groundwater, it changes the whiskey stored in the barrels made from the trees. OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.


Speaking of hosts, every Oslo dancer who asked "so where in Oslo are you staying?" reacted the same when we answered that we were hosted by Miriam and Andrea: "Ooooh! You got the luxury hosting!!!". Apparently they are famous for being the best hosts Oslo can offer. We don't disagree!


And here's Miriam again, because she's beautiful!

Saturday night + Sunday coming soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment