snowball



It's Snowball time!


After being ill over Christmas, I was finally feeling better in time to go to Snowball before New Year's, yay! But once I got there, it's like I almost started getting worse again? I feel like I've had one million back-to-back colds this winter, I can't even keep track. In any case, I wasn't as energetic as I would have liked, and after a few days I felt like I was one of those people who bring a cold to a dance event without really realising. :( None of the people I hung out with the most came down with anything, though, so hopefully I wasn't very contagious.


Anyways - here is my gang! And it was the BEST GANG! Liam, Rafi, Miranda, Karin and I hung out not all the time, but a lot of the time - not always all five of us, but most of the time, I had one or more of these people around me. I want to go to more dance events with THESE EXACT PEOPLE.


Dinner at the food court next to the hotel on our first night (before Rafi arrived). I had ramen three out of my four nights there. No regrets.


Gosh it was SO GREAT to see Raphael again, I can't even tell you. It suuuuper sucks that Leeds is so far away. And it was such a delight that he chose to came to Snowball with us and that we got to keep him in Sweden for TEN DAYS.


I took zero photos of dancing this year, probably due to feeling meh, but I took a few daytime photos at least. On our first full day there Karin and I went out for a little walk around a lake near the hotel just to get some air. It was a good choice.


BIRB (There were like fifty of these around that lake!)


The next day no one else was awake when I woke up, so I decided to get some art into me.


Started with brunch at Greasy Spoon - it's become a Snowball tradition for me.


Then I made my way down to the water ...



... and over to Moderna where I saw this exhibition.


I like art!


Was stood staring at these paint strokes for a long time. How magnificent to be able to create this magic. (The painting is Utan titel by Lars Pirak.)


More dancing, more sleep, new day!

Karin, and our hotel room view, which wasn't shit.


Karin and I were the first ones up (same as all the other days :)), so we walked to Stråket i Råsunda for brunch. The hot chocolate was weird but the sandwich was good, and the company delightful, of course.


Later that afternoon we met up the rest of the gang for fika, and stayed there just hanging out for several hours - I think this was my favourite moment of the whole trip. Here's Liam in the middle of rambling about something and Miranda filling out my travel friend book ...


... and Rafi knitting, always knitting.


And then we danced some more (my last night there was my favourite - Stockholm Swing Allstars were so so so good!) and the next morning it was New Year's Eve and we went home. Thanks for this year, Snowball - next year I'll come back with more energy and fewer colds.

Stockholm Swing Allstars | Such Sweet Thunder

1 comment :