hullzapoppin' 2018 part I



Liam and I went to Hullzapoppin' last week and I had such a lovely time! Everything - everyone - was was just so ... nice! People I had been introduced to once came up to me and said hi and remembered my name and asked how I was doing. And I had so many wonderful dances! And I don't even have to struggle to find someone to dance with, people come up to me and want to dance! That doesn't happen at home. The UK dance scene seems incredibly open and warm and welcoming. (But yes. I'm also aware of the privilege that comes with arriving with someone as well known and well liked as Liam. The effect he has on a room rubs off on me too.)


But let's start from the beginning! I didn't take any photos on Friday, but on Saturday after a long lazy morning we went for a walk.


We walked around between the gorgeous class venues (same as the evening venues), chatting with people and loitering in general.




Watched Katie's and Fred's class for a little while. It seemed like a lot of fun! (We are lazy bums with social passes, so no classes for us.)


Met some friends outside and found non-red telephone boxes! Apparently Hull is the only place in England that has their own telephone company ... or something like that.




Did some more walking and hanging around. Just look at this place! So lovely.



Then we got maracas ice cream.


In the evening we had dinner with Raphael, because he's a babe.



The food was good.



And we were ridiculously in love and all that jazz. :)




And then I had a long, lovely dance night; I only took these photos, ot the performances, and the rest of it was just dancing and music and more dancing. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment