december in the north of england



Ten days ago, I moved to England, and so far, I'm loving that decision, wholeheartedly. I spent the whole first weekend just exstatically happy about the fact that I wouldn't need to go to the airport and fly home on Monday. Partly because I've had enough of being away from Liam. Partly because I've had enough of airports and queues and security and delays and planes and airport buses and more delays and coming home tired and sad. No more of that shit!

Anyway - we did a whole bunch of things in the first week after I got here. For example:



We went to Lancaster for their Christmas dance thing. I danced a little and hung out a lot, for exemple with the cuties in the photo above, Rachel and Jess.



Liam and Jo looking gorgeous


Me and Liam looking gorgeous



Greer and Mark looking actually gorgeous


and this girl doesn't even need a caption.


The day after was a Saturday and we lounged in bed all day, watching Luciamorgon (Lucia morning) and the Great British Bakeoff, thereby sharing prominent parts of our culture with each other. :)


Later that day we went to Normandie's Christmas party with the Mersey Swing family. It was uttery lovely and I look forward to filling a whole blog post with those photos.




Monday is Honey Blues day, so then we went to Manchester to dance and eat. We'll be living there soon! :) :)


More Christmas meals! (So much Christmas. You know I don't complain.)


This one with Liam's housemates (and their partners) at a lovely restaurant in Chester.





Oh hej! :)


The next day we went to Liverpool. I took the train in earlier to do some walking and sightseeing


and found my way to this stunning library. I always have to remind myself that I need to spend more time in libraries. It's so good for my soul.




I mean, just look at it!


And in the evening, Liam and Cat taught the Mersey Swing Wednesday class, I played all my Christmas swing songs at the social dance, and we took a group photo for Lindy in the Sky promotion (you should all come by the way).

the Ronettes | Sleigh Ride

No comments :

Post a Comment