uk roadtrip day 07: liverpool



Liverpool! After a lazy morning on our last day in Manchester, we drove to Liverpool (via M&S so that Liam could get trousers + socks and I could make a bra fit appointment. Priorities!) and met Chris and Andrea for dinner. At the Egg, of course, where else?



Just brilliant humans, these two.


All the long hugs we got and gave during this trip! <3


And then we walked over to the Black-E for some dancing with Mersey Swing.




I've missed Mersey Swing.


Watching Lucy leading Owen makes me happy <3



This is Alice, our wonderful host in Liverpool. She was busy with work while we were there, so we didn't see her much, but she didn't hesitate to host us anyway - so kind!


After dancing we walked past the bombed-out church (even though it's called St Luke's, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that) ...


... to Frederik's on Hope Street. (This is, by the way, where Liam had his birthday party in 2018, when we had recently met, roughly one whole lifetime ago. :)

I feel so grateful when I go back and look at those photos now. Many of the people in those photos I met for the first time at that party, or around that time. People I'm lucky to call my good friends now. And I'm so much more comfortable in the UK than I was then, comfortable with the language, I understand the culture better, I know my way around things somewhat.

And I'm still as madly in love with Liam as I was.)




The band was good and it was lovely to sit there and soak it all in, but it was too loud and I got tired quickly, so we didn't stay super late.


Andrea's "fuck the tories" earrings! So great.


Jessie J | Thunder

No comments :

Post a Comment