scottish weekend part II



Scottish weekend, part 2! Edinburgh, always so pretty.


On Sunday morning, this cute guy and I ...


... went for brunch with this cute family!



Now THIS is what I call a decent brunch plate.


"Rosie I want to take a photo of you but I know you don't want Georgia's face on the internet"


<3


Brunch with Rosie, Marshal and Georgia was my favourite part of my Sunday. It was so delightful to get to spend some quality time with them!



After brunch, they went to class and Liam and I went into town for some more touristing (and taking photos of signs and fonts :)).


We ended up at the National Museum where I'd been several times but Liam hadn't. I figured he'd like it (I had him at "they have a locomotive!"). He ended up running around alone, while I waited in the entance hall with my book. :)


Also this :)



Then some more walking ...


... and some ice cream at Mary's milk bar, of course!


This photo from the hangout space where we had pre-dancing burgers ended up being the last one that night, because I spent most of it sitting down and feeling incredibly glum. God I hate PMS so much.



Aaaanyway, the day after that we had one last brunch with our flatmates for the weekend, Arja and Nina, and then I took a short walk around the National Gallery. I don't usually fall for still lifes but I really loved the richness of this one (Flower Still Life with Bird's Nest by Jan van Huysum).


And in the afternoon we took the train to Stepps and landed in the beautiful home of Katy and Nick!


It very soon became a running gag how often they would ask if we wanted a drink, compulsively, as if it's impossible to not ask (I do think it's impossible to not ask, for them) or offered us slippers or blankets or anything else we might need


and Liam ended up in a warm snuggly bathrobe. :)


After a delightful evening with a tasty dinner and a walk, we snuggled up in the lounge talking about life, the universe and everything


and hugging a shark.


I don't know if you know this about blues dancers, but


no one hugs as well as blues dancers do.

Meshell Ndegeocello feat. Jade Hicks and Josh Johnson | Good Good

No comments :

Post a Comment