ships, puzzles and waffles



Brits in Sweden, part 2! On Sunday, the day after our daytrip, we all felt like having a chill day at home. So we went for a little walk in the forest ...


... up to the lake, where obviously, Fergus and I did a good bath. :)


Liam solved sudokus, hiding his British legs from the sun under a jacket. :)


On the way back from the lake we went to Lyckan ...



... for a spontaneous Sunday waffle.


Liam made his lemony tomato pasta for dinner. Love it.


And then we spent the rest of the evening chilling at home. Fergus read a book,


Rachel and I did a puzzle (with some help from Fergus),


and Liam watched something or read something. This was one of my favourite parts of this whole weekend. When you live far apart, it's the relaxed hanging out that I miss the most. And it's so lovely to get to spend so much time together in one block that you have time to sink into that. Seeing friends at dance events is wonderful and so valuable (I'd rather have that than nothing!) but actually getting to hang out in someone's home, that's where the gold lies, for me.


The day after we did the ultimate touristing and showed them a proper Swedish pick and mix store. :)


But that was mostly on the way to today's boat related touristing: We went to Maritiman, the ship museum. I remember going inside this submarine when I was a kid, but it's closed now due to "ionizing radiation in the reflective tape" (!) (yes I absolutely had to look up the translation of that from Swedish). So no submarine for us.



Inside the warship Småland, there were many things to poke. :)


Fergus illustrates how satisfying this switch is. :)





It's quite big and there's lots to see; I have a limited amount of energy for ships in general and warships in particular, so after I while, I trotted off to the café to wait for the others.


And then we all went to Steinbrenner for an afternoon fika. We had to take Rachel and Fergus somewhere where they can have a proper kanelbulle. And I had a bar of luxury liquorice fudge, which I choose over kanelbulle any day. :)


After a quick trip home to recharge we went again to go dancing, but first dinner at Pinchos - it was the closest I could think of that could still get food in us relatively quixkly.


It's nothing out of the ordinary, but tasty!


And then we went dancing! Our regular Monday dance is outside in the summer. I don't love it because the floors are always bad (I know - I'm such a floor snob), but still, it was a nice evening!


At this point in the (long) weekend, we were all wuite tired, so we didn't stay long. We went home and watched four episodes of Ghosts (British Ghosts, not American!) instead. :)


And the day after, we said goodbye and Rachel and Fergus went back home to the UK. I felt a bit sad, already looking forward to when I get to hang out with these lovely humans again. And that's a good feeling; I like loving people.

Magos Herrera | Aire

No comments :

Post a Comment