fake christmas in the uk



After our December days in London, we took the train to the Midlands to see Liam's family. I didn't take a huge amount of photos (most of Liam's family don't want their faces online, so I didn't take many to start with, and blurred some for this post), but here's a tiny account of what we were up to.


We arrived pretty late, and the day after we were mostly hanging out and chatting, and in the afternoon we went into Birmingham to do some errands.


I found my perfect winter coat!!! I've been looking for a coat that's 1. very puffy, 2. long, 3. NOT made of down, and 4. not black, gray or brown. This one (from M&S) fit all criteria. It's SO WARM.


The day after was fake Christmas! Fake Christmas is when the whole family gathers at Liam's parents for a Christmas celebration together during the week before actual Christmas, because the siblings do other things for Christmas day. They already had this tradition when I showed up, which obviously suits me well, because I get two Christmases this way. :)


SO MUCH TASTY FOOD. Yorkshire puddings!


Silliest joke I ever got in a Christmas cracker? :)


Cuties!


After Christmas dinner we opened gifts.


Bella made these adorable baubles, one for each sibling ...


... and there's a Brussels sprout inside! Too cute. Our favourite gift for sure.



This hairdresser set that Maggie got was also a hit. :)




Then all the children escaped out in the garden with the grandparents ...


... while the siblings/ parents happily stayed inside and enjoyed the relative calm (one person had already hid away for a nap, and Liam didn't last long after this either :)). The evening ended with Roses chocolates and the Strictly Come Dancing finals on TV, which was the perfect ending for me. :)


Two days later (was too lazy to even take any photos on the day in the middle there) I took some photos of Anne's magical flower cupcakes.


It's always such a fascinating process to follow - it looks so smooth and easy when Anne does it, but it's bloody hard in real life. :)


Can you believe she MAKES these (and they are tasty, too)? Incredible.


The day after that I only took this one photo, of Liam getting to hang out with his favourite relative, Bracken. :)


And the next morning we got a lift to the train station ...


... and flew home. What a wonderful eight days it was in the UK - I'm so glad we went. Next time I'm hoping to be able to take the train the whole way there - we'll see how that goes. Cross your fingers for us!

Jamie Cullum | Show Me the Magic

No comments :

Post a Comment