london in december part I



Liam and I went to the UK! First we spent three days in London, walking around in the rain in the daytime and hanging out with our friends Ryan & Anna in the evenings. I think London in December is my favourite of all the Londons. Here's day one:


The Christmas decorations were so over the top everywhere and I loved all of it. :)


Rain on Carnaby Street.


More colours I saw:




My favourite thing about this walk was going into Fortnum & Mason - and what a strange sentence that is to write? I understand that all of this, the colourful packaging, the extravagant decorations, it's all created to make people exactly like me spend a lot of money. The capitalist trap of it all throws me a bit, and at the same time, the colours are delightful and I enjoyed the visit. It's a good thing I can hold multiple feelings at the same time.

Things that delighted me:



All the tins


Christmas puddings that moved up and down to music


Actual marzipan fruits (I thought that only existed in old movies)


and that the whole building is decorated like an advent calendar.




After that we walked along Bond Street and looked at many more decorated storefronts - I liked this one the most.


In the evening, we went dancing at Stompin' the Blues! It was a really fun night, and it's still so magical after all these years to go dancing at a regular blues night in London, even though I've done it many times now. (I remember the first night of EBI in June 2014, when my friends and I were walking towards a pub for the first social night of the event, thinking "I'm going to a social dance in London! How is this my life?!". Oh blues dancing, you've taken me so many places since then. <3)



Marcus Bonfanti played. So good!


Much dancing happened!



Lena showed up and I got to take silly photos of my gorgeous friends <3



More dancing!


Liam's like "I love them but it seems safer to stay over here" :)

Sampha | Spirit 2.0

No comments :

Post a Comment