ordinary life



Ordinary life, is, of course, not ordinary at all, spending summer in the UK. (I have a long post coming up on all the cultural differences I have found so far.) But it is the kind of title I would normally use for a post like this: A mix of all the small things that have happened lately and that ended up in my camera. So here are some things from my first three weeks in the UK:


Went to Liverpool to dance and watch Liam and Jane teach, which is a joy. I really like Mersey Swing and the atmosphere they create.




Afterward we went to the pub, because that is a thing that happens here. :)


This late afternoon light in the kitchen had me mesmerised.




Walking in Chester.


A Friday thing: Walking to the Brewery Tap (obviously there are a million other pubs to choose from, but this is the prettiest one and they have mild, so it's my favourite), and just sitting there with my book until Liam leaves work and meets me there. I love it.


[insert drool]


You know, just the regular grocery shopping with my boyfriend. :)



We watched the Sweden-England game at a pub in Manchester and I had the BEST time. Well, I didn't love that we lost. But just being there and enjoying the atmosphere was lovely. It was loud and happy and cheerful. And all the singing! :)





And then I got to end my Saturday with a lovely board game night with the best kind of people: Mike, Lucia and Liam.

Billy Joel | Summer, Highland Falls

No comments :

Post a Comment