a wednesday in london



My second day of solo touristing in London wasn't so much solo touristing, because I started the day with breakfast with this smiley face!


Katie is such a gem, inspiring, kind, fabulous and a delight to hang out with. <3


Also, the café we went to made latte art for my hot chocolate. I've never had that before!



After saying goodbye to Katie I went across the street to the Museum of Childhood and had a wander. Free museums are the best.



The monument for the Bethnal Green Tube Disaster of 1943 is beautiful, and it was a horrible disaster, but I'm so confused by the last phrase of the text. How could this have been the worst civilian disaster of the Second World War? How is the Holocaust not the worst civilian disaster? Or if it needs to be limited to a single event, how are the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki not that? Someone please explain!


After lunch I decided to find a park to stroll in, because parks are my favourite. I found Battersea Park, which was certainly big enough to spend an afternoon in.








Later, I went back to Anna's and spent the evening playing Codenames with her, a great ending to my last day in London!

Irma Thomas | Don't Mess With My Man

No comments :

Post a Comment