walking in amsterdam



Amsterdam! I had a whole Friday to spend as I wanted on the first day of my trip, and I spent it my favorite way: walking for hours and hours + taking photographs.



I started the day with delicious brunch in De Pijp.



And then I started walking.


This city has so many bikes that they leave bicycle shaped sand traces on the sidewalk?






Around noon was getting really warm outside, and I walked into a supermarket just because of their lovely air conditioner. Found cheese!


But this is what I walked out with. I sat on a bench by a canal, had my picnic lunch and felt very much like a tourist, in the best sense of the word.


Then: more walking.





Found my favorite corner of the whole day! I loved the intersections the most. Bridges and beautiful views everywhere.









After my day on the town, I went back to the apartment to meet Mattias, who had just arrived. (We had our gig with the Gentle Sorrows that night; I wrote about it in this post.)

No comments :

Post a Comment