the blues experiment part III: campfire night



Wednesday night at the Experiment is campfire night. And I have Isabelle to thank for being there at all. At this point I was in a severe mid-week slump and I just wanted to sleep. I was feeling sad and grumpy and tired and cranky and just leave me alone, will you?! So I decided early on to ditch the campfire thing (which happens after social dancing ends, in the middle of the night) and just go to sleep.

But when Isabelle came into our room to put warmer clothes on, I woke up, and she asked if I didn't want to come along after all? Oh allright. Fine then.


And it was really lovely.





My first ever s'mores!







All in all, it was a really cosy, really lovely time. And at around four in the morning or so, we went into the hot tub, and I almost fell asleep in there, floating and looking up at the starry sky. I wish I could have photographed that feeling for you.

When my roommates went to bed, I hid in an armchair in a corner on the third floor, talking to Liam for two hours or so. The wifi was so incredibly shitty for most of the week that you had to be basically the only one using it to be able to make a phone call, and I couldn't resist this opportunity - no one else on the wifi and it being a good time for Liam to talk? I watched the sunrise from the window while we were talking.


And when we'd hung up, I was feeling quite tender, so I took a short morning walk on the beach, all alone at seven in the morning, before going to bed.



Nothing reconnects me to myself like this kind of beauty.

Chris Thomas King | Red Mud

No comments :

Post a Comment