the blues experiment part I



I went to a thing!

I went to a thing called the Blues Experiment.

Short version: A week in a house on a beach in North Carolina, with 30 participants, and some of the best blues dancers in the world as our mentors. Sessions in the daytime, social dancing at night, and in between: loads and loads of hugs and hot tubbing and beach and board games and food and talking and tears and horrible wifi.

Long version will show up in segments here in the blog over the next week or so. :)



No roads on the Outer Banks! So to get to the house, you need to go in a 4x4.




Which was an experience in itself. :)


And then we arrived, and Sunday evening was a whirlwind of newness and trying to figure out what was what and who's who and how to do living in this bizarre alternate universe that is the Blues Experiment.


Shani made welcome cocktails!


And we danced. (But I was still jetlagged at this point and also tired from travelling, so it was a very early night for me.)


The day after sessions started. And I was still so occupied with all the newness of this place (being there does take some adjusting if you're the kind of person who will take EVERYTHING in and then process everything at length, like me), that the only photos I took all day were these, from a walk on the beach with my crew, Virginia, Isabelle and Emily.










This beach became a source of comfort and security for me throughout the week.


But not half as much as these women did.

Vancouver Sleep Clinic | Someone To Stay

No comments :

Post a Comment