new york, day 1



I went to New York! Isabelle, who I travelled with from London (after visiting her in Oxford) worked from her company's New York office for a few days, and I spent two days basically doing what I do - you know, walking, taking photos, being happy.


Last time I was in New York, in the fall of 2008, I was depressed (because I was on the pill, and didn't know that I was depressed; I just thought I sucked at everything and that it would stay that way forever because I didn't deserve better), and New York was HARD. I didn't know what to expect this time. But I figured I'd handle it a lot better, since, well, I'm the happiest I've ever been.

And I loved it.


There's just so much to see! So much beauty, so many interesting and inspiring colours everywhere. Here's a tiny percentage of what I saw:


We stayed in Brooklyn and I walked over the Williamsburg bridge. It was beautiful.











I spent a lovely afternoon on the High Line. You know how much I like parks, and this one was specifically well suited for me: Very long and narrow, perfect to just walk and walk and walk without ever having to turn back or take a detour. :)


Also, it was beautiful.







Out of all the public art I've seen in parks, this one was probably the weirdest at first, but I loved it. I mean, it has bright colours. :)



Late in the afternoon, I met up with Isabelle


and we went back to the flat where we stayed to have dinner with friends.



Lots of cuddling needs to happen when you haven't seen each other for many months.

Inge Bremnes | Ka du håpa på

No comments :

Post a Comment