solo touristing in london



After Lindy Tech, I decided to stay a few days extra in London since I had troupe practise later that week (which I then had to miss anyway, since I had to buy new flights to gothenburg a day earlier than planned due to the SAS strike ... sigh). At first I felt confused and a bit lost. I've travelled so much with people, and I love travelling with company, but now I was all alone in London. How do I even fill my time? But I soon realised that this is my chance to just do what I want and nothing else. So what is it that I like?

I like walking, art museums, and musicals. Boom, done. Here's a day of solo travelling in London:



It was quite exhilarating to just start walking along the river, knowing that I had only my own needs to attend to. And knowing that no one in the party was going to get bored with all the walking until the exact second that I got bored with it. :)




I've never been to Tate Britain before, but I absolutely loved it. I loved walking through the rooms, which were arranged chronologically - an unusual take on art history, but I'm a fan - and seeing themes in the artwork emerge and disappear again.





I love this kind of thing!



Also interesting to see which rooms I responded to, I certainly have my favourites in modern art. 1910s and 1920s - yes. 1930s and 1940s - absolutely not. And then my audible breathing out and the noticing my shoulders relax as I walked into the art of the 1950s. So familiar, so friendly to me. Funny, isn't it?



When Tate Britain closed I did some more walking.



And ended up at the Adelphi theatre to see Waitress. I'm a longtime fan of Sara Bareilles, so I assumed that a musical with music written by her would be good, but I wasn't expecting this joyous explosion of colours and feelings. I laughed so much, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Waitress Original Broadway Cast | the Negative

No comments :

Post a Comment