more larking around in northern england, part III



We've left Manchester! Packed and cleaned and left. I won't lie, I'm relieved. Here's the last batch of lovely things that happened in the north - this time around.



Tipple Step, every other Sunday between 6 and 9, is always going to be one of my favourite things about Manchester. So friendly and warm and I like the venue, too. (Thinking about the first time I went there with Liam in January 2018 feels like a lifetime ago.)


I went to see some art at Whitworth Art Gallery, but most of the exhibitions were closed when I was there. :(

Liam and I went to a party where I was strictly forbidden to take photos of anyone other than me, Liam or dogs, so here are some photos of me, Liam or dogs:





And a rainbow cake! <3



Much as I wanted, I didn't find a lot of beauty in Manchester, but it's hard not to like the area around the canal.

One of our last nights there we drove to Liverpool to say farewell to Mersey Swing. I didn't take any photos of any dancing, but after he social we went to the pub (naturally):







It's been a lovely society to be part of. Teaching a balboa course, a lindy course and the occasional blues for them was great, even though I wish I could have come over more often. Also I'm quite proud to have introduced courses to Mersey Swing (as opposed to drop in classes which is all most dance societies in the UK have, to my surprise)!



And then we did the same thing in Manchester; hugged everyone goodbye and had food together before the last Tipple Step before we left.

Bye Manchester! It's been good, boring, challenging and fun.

Here's (part I and part II) of More larking around in Northern England.

No comments :

Post a Comment