trippin' blues 2018 part I



Two weeks ago, I spent a weekend in Amsterdam, for Trippin' Blues. I was there mainly to play with my band, the Sky is Crying, but then I also got booked as their photographer, so it was a full weekend! (More events should do that, you only have to pay the flighs once :).)

The weekend started on the Thursday with a pre party. I was quite tired after a few intense weeks and a long day of travelling, and fell asleep in a corner at around midnight. :) But before that, here's what it looked like:






Then, on the Friday, we went on a bluesy boat tour! With live music! You know me, I really like seeing all the things from different angles. A canal boat is a different angle for sure, and I loved the views, the music and the atmosphere. Not to mention the snacks. :)







On Friday evening, we played two sets with the Sky is Crying. We had some technical difficulties that I had to focus on, so I couldn't take any photos. But on the Saturday, dancing looked like this:




(Well, to be honest, that was not the regular dancing, that was the blindfolded comp. :))










But the most fun, as always, is to sing the blues. The Saturday sets we did felt like milk and honey, I felt so very much like the right person in the right place at the right time - what a wonderful feeling it is to get into that flow! I loved every minute of it, and I hope the dancers did too. (I handed Liam my camera and he took these of me and my band. <3)

Kelly Joe Phelps | Goodnight Irene

No comments :

Post a Comment