easter in the midlands



On Easter Sunday, I woke up in Brownhills to this sunny weather. Liam and I drove down the night before to spend the day with his family.


I started my day with a long walk along the canal. Love these towpaths so much; walking next to water is my favourite, and this country seems to be littered with beautiful canals with towpaths.





I returned to the house just in time for the barbeque. Where did summer come from?!


Bracken was there!


Now let's talk about this thing about chocolate and Easter. It's a new concept to me; Easter in Sweden is allll about the pick and mix. (I made them pose like this just to show the abundance of chocolate that could be found in this house.)


Cracking chocolate eggs is a lot of fun though. I assume it gets old if you grow up with it, but I certainly haven't had enough yet.


And if the chocolate isn't in egg form, it's in the form of nests - with eggs.


My favourite dessert (except ice cream of course). Fresh fruit and chocolate will beat cake for me any day. (Unless it's mousse cake which doesn't seem to exist in this country.)


There was playing in the garden


cuddling with dogs


reciting of Shakespeare? (What are you doing, Bella?)




and general hanging out and talking, until the summer day had turned into a soft summer evening and it was time to drive north.


And yes. I still look at him (or think about him or kiss him or listen to his voice or sniff him) and realise that I'm the luckiest person in the world to have him.

Rigmor Gustafsson | Joy to Me

No comments :

Post a Comment