yorkshire dales



On Good Friday, Liam and I went on an amazing hill walk in the Yorkshire Dales with our friend Raphael. We started with board games and dinner on Thursday night, and stayed over at Rafi's place in Leeds so that we could start early on Friday. Who am I kidding, obviously we didn't start early on Friday, it's me and Liam we're talking about! But our intentions were good! :)

Anyway, it was such a wonderful day. Summer (!) landed on us completely unexpectedly, I broke in my brand new, comfortable hiking boots (I knew from the moment I put them on in the store that they were the right boots for me, since they felt exactly like my old ones. And I was right), I got a rush of adrenaline through a bit of scrambling (it was a very tiny cliff and a very short scramble, but it was fun nevertheless), the company was obviously brilliant, and I drank in the beautiful views with delight.

Here's what I saw of the Yorkshire Dales:










I keep thinking about how close all these beautiful national parks in this country. (I've vowed to visit the all fifteen of the UK's national parks in my lifetime - I have three so far, and they've all been wonderful experiences.) The UK is so tiny and dense, you know? I want to go everywhere and see everything!










All the tiny sheepsies!!!



After a while we crossed a road, in what seemed to be the middle of nowhere. What did we find on that road? And ice cream van. It's so incredibly British.


My boyfriend is so incredibly British. <3




The views were on the whole pretty OK on this hike!






Looking back over Malham Cove. It's weird to stand down here, and look up, and think that I was just up there twenty minutes ago, and took the two photos before this one, looking down over the valley. ("[Malham Cove] was formed by a waterfall carrying meltwater from glaciers at the end of the last Ice Age more than 12,000 years ago" says Wikipedia. How cool is that?)






And then we went back to Raphael's for more Pandemic. Hill walking and board games with two favourite people; my bank holiday weekend couldn't have started better.

the Sixteen | Bring Us, O Lord God by William Harris

No comments :

Post a Comment