the sky is crying: you know how i feel is out now!



Well, if it isn't a blues band out walking in the woods while carrying chairs!


I'm the worst blogger in the world, forgetting to mention in advance that my band the Sky is Crying is releasing (has released, at this point) a new album. That's what a blog should be for, surely? Ah, but in any case, here it is: You Know How I Feel, available on Spotify and iTunes. Eight songs that we love, written by amazing musicians such as Bessie Smith and Duke Ellington. I'm very, very proud. I hope you will love it.

These are our three singles from the album:





We had a release concert, too! (I know, I know - worst blogger in the world, again, for not telling people this in advance.) Liam took these photos of us:






It has been So Much Fun playing with Marcus and Gustav lately, and I strongly feel that we're better together than ever. And this fantastic music that we get to play! By pure chance, two of our singles - Trouble in Mind and Wild Women Don't Have the Blues - were first recorded exactly 100 years ago, in 1924 (by Thelma La Vizzo and Ida Cox, respectively). How cool is it that this music is so powerful that it gets recorded and performed again and again, by musicians everywhere, one hundred years later?

the Sky is Crying | Feeling Good

1 comment :