a day in prague



We went to Prague! I'd never been before. We went mostly for a dance event (but added a few days extra to make more of a vacation out of it) but I ended up getting some stomach thing and felt nauseated for most of the weekend (but no vomiting thankfully). So, I didn't get a lot of dancing in, but before I got ill I did get to see some of Prague. Here's a bunch of photos from the one day Liam and I spent walking around town:



Liam mostly wanted to see brutalist buildings so we went to see some of those ...


... and I mostly wanted to see pastel coloured buildings, so we saw a bunch of those too. :)

Other things:



+ cute trams




+ several bridges



+ the astronomical clock at Staroměstské náměstí


+ some good signs with good fonts








+ one cute man


We went to see the Karlův bridge just because I've done it as a jigsaw puzzle. :)



And then I went up the hill to check out the castle. It was pretty boring ...


... but the view of Prague was nice.


More bridge.


More pastels.


I did finally manage to get myself to the dance venue one night after having spent most of the weekend in bed playing phone games. Elevator selfie!


But while it was nice to check out the venue I barely danced at all. It was too crowded and too hot and the music was too fast and it all made me grumpy.


Instead, this was my favourite memory from the weekend: Miranda, Liam and me watching the Great Pottery Throwndown and eating lemon sorbet in bed together most nights before they went out dancing and I went to sleep.

O+S | We Do What We Want To

No comments :

Post a Comment