uk roadtrip day 11: edinburgh



In my last roadtrip post I left off as we were driving north from the Lake District. And where did we end up?


In Edinburgh, at the home of Christine and Tesla! (And Will, who was at work that evening.)



Christine had baked a delicious chocolate cake and we spent the evening chatting and catching up on the couch. So lovely!


The morning after we woke up to this fabulous view.


And after breakfast Liam and I made our way out to say hi to Edinburgh. I'm so happy that I've been able to spend more time here since meeting Liam, but before this trip I hadn't been there since September 2019. That felt like a long time!


These doors!


Beautiful Edinburgh.



We obviously made sure to stop at Mary's Milk Bar.


They have a queueing system outside on the pavement. :)




It's SO GOOOD


After ice cream, we kept walking, and I took photos of all the signage



and pub windows


and more signs.


And then we went to the Scottish National Gallery. Here's my boyfriend resting his back while I look at art <3




These two were my favourites, I think.



After the museum we met up with Christine and Tesla for Sunday roast, which was one of the things Liam really wanted to do in the UK. :) Christine suggested Brewhemia ...


... where we had this wonderful roast cauliflower. Like a lot of other UK food, it looks so beige! But it was so tasty!


And then we walked back to Marchmont to get ready for dancing. I love everything about this photo by the way - the man eating ice cream, the family taking a group photo, the pastel buildings in the background, the bunting and the twirl of Christine's coat.





We walked past a cemetery to see some Harry Potter names in the wild!


Our lovely host


And then we went dancing! Christine and her dance partner, Fran, organised a wonderful balboa party at the Voodoo Rooms.


Sigga was there! And we got to catch up and I got to see photos from her most recent Iceland trip and it was the best.





And then, dancing. <3

No comments :

Post a Comment