uk roadtrip part 1: edinburgh



UK roadtrip 2023 travel blogging, commence!

We landed in Edinburgh in mid-April, the day before Katy's and Nick's wedding celebration. But I will have to skip that day for now, because I took way too many photos and am still working with them. While we're waiting, here's day 2 of our trip!


This Sunday happened to be the lovely Katy's birthday!



She celebrated with a walk up Arthur's Seat and then brunch with a whole gang of friends, and it was such a joyful day. Several times I caught myself thinking "it's so strange that I'm here!", you know, in the best way - it's so strange and magical that I know these people (how did I get here?) and get to be a part, however small, of their lives.


Up we go! I've done this hike once before, eleven (!) years ago, when I was in Edinburgh with the Academy of Music chamber choir. In a different life. But I loved the walk then, and I loved it now.




All the little ant people up at the top!



Also, look at all those gorgeous people.



I am quite unfit and was the last person up and the last person down. Still very much worth it.





The views are generally not shit!


Also, how delightful it is to make a new friend. How delightful it is to click immediately with someone you've never met before, and spend the whole hike talking and talking with them, and feeling immediately comfortable and at ease in someone's presence, how delightful.


After the walk we went down to Revolution for FOOD.


Hugging happened!


And Liam, who had been resting instead of walking because of his poor torn calf muscle, joined us there.


I like him


Katy with the birthday card I got her <3 (I like her, too!)


And several hours after everyone had finished their food we were still there, chatting and hanging out and just having the best time.





Edinburgh, and this whole gang of fabulous humans, thank you for having me! It was a perfect day.

No comments :

Post a Comment