uk roadtrip part 5: leeds via buxton



On the road again! We've reached day 8 of our UK roadtrip. Driving between Brownhills and Leeds, we stopped in Buxton for a little break. I went for a walk to get some air and look around.


I've been in Buxton once before, in the summer of 2018 - that was the day with the well dressing and the surprise cricket. :) This day was slightly less eventful and slightly less obnoxiously British. :)


But I found a beautiful park! To no one's surprise.







Late in the afternoon we made it to Leeds and the lovely home of Vincent and Hannah.


Vincent was already making his famous dhal when we got there and we were properly spolied and cared for (Hannah was also there of course but I didn't manage to get a photo of her right then).


After dinner we made our way into town. Time for Swing Revs! And HUGGING FRIENDS. I mean just look at these adorable faces.


I wasn't really in the mood to dance, so I spent most of the night chatting with friends or hiding away in a couch. That's fine too. And I enjoyed watching people throw down.


After dancing we went to a pub full of loud drunk students, some of whom actually in togas. :) Apparently, when it comes down to it, very little has changed since I was a student ... Also, the floor was the stickiest floor I've ever stepped on (not exaggerating). So sticky that I had to actually use force to get my feet off the floor. :)




Well look at this cute couple! These youngsters got MARRIED since I last saw them. Kids these days!


The day after we had a lie-in, and then Vincent made us a full English, and then we chatted on the couch all morning with the London marathon on in the background. A pretty perfect, lazy Sunday morning! Thanks for having us <3

No comments :

Post a Comment