uk roadtrip part 2: from edinburgh to leeds



Monday in Edinburgh! I decided to go for a little walk before it was time to leave. Liam with his torn calf couldn't do much more than stay still at this point. But to be fair, he probably wouldn't have joined me for my walk anyway. :)


I found colours!


And typography!


And a museum!


I've been to the National Museum of Scotland before and liked it, so I decided to do a (very short) visit, since my walk had taken me nearby.





There are many pretty things to see ...


... and this quote gave me chills.

After the museum I took the bus back to our hosts (Michael and Maria took such good care of us all weekend and were just the loveliest, best humans, but I didn't manage to take any photos of them! The shame).


And then we took the train to York and then to Leeds and then to Horsforth to spend time with ...


... the babest of babes, Raphael. He had dinner ready in the oven and after dinner we spent the evening playing board games and catching up. <3


Vegan pancakes for breakfast!



Rafi and I went for a morning walk ...


... and then we went into the village to grab lunch.


I am NOT displeased with the amount of mushrooms on my toast! There is bread somewhere under there ... at least I think so.


And then we did an escape room! We survived with two clues - one which was about a lock literally just in front of us, which was stupid, and the other one we would never have figured out. What a great was to spend time it is though. Also, mine and Liam's signs are incredibly spot on. :)


After some faff with picking up the hire car we went into town to get dinner at a food court.


Vegan bao for Rafi ...


... noodles for me.


And then it was already time to say goodbye to Rafi and head south. I didn't want to; it was too little time together. I hang on to the feeling that missing someone is a good thing. It means you have love.

No comments :

Post a Comment