uk roadtrip part 9: london



The last stop on our UK trip this time was London. We arrived here at the Bedford in Balham in the afternoon and I was instantly smitten.



I mean, it's got colours! What's not to like?




I especially approve of the colours in our room. So good.



I went for a little walk while Liam rested, just to stretch my legs.


And then we decided on a night in with pad thai and - you guessed it - a couple of episodes of Grand Designs. It was perfect.


The morning after we walked a couple of blocks to this brunch place, Brickwood ...


... where we got granola and pancakes and shared both (always the best way to do brunch, I feel).


It was delightful and I was happy. :)


After that we went into town to ...


... try a different science museum, since we were a bit disappointed with the Manchester one. They had a science fiction exhibition which we figured at least Liam would be into, but I don't think there were enough things to experiment with :)


But in the rest of the museum, there were! So Liam wandered off to find things to play with, while I went downstairs to look at ...



... all the space things. That's what I find the most interesting.



After that we walked through Hyde Park. It was such a beautiful, cloudy afternoon with perfect light.


"I'm a tourist, take a picture of me in front of this bus!"


And then we made our way towards the South Bank - more on the evening's adventures in another post!

No comments :

Post a Comment