uk roadtrip part 8: manchester



Well hi, Manchester! After our delightful stop at Lyme Park, we arrived in Manchester at Rachel's house in the late afternoon.


We spent the evening hanging out, eating ice cream, playing board games and watching Grand Designs. It was perfect.


The day after, we had some time to roam around Manchester (Rachel was at work, so it was just Liam and me). We were quite tired at this point in the trip, so we didn't do very much.


We did make it into town to visit the Science Museum ...



... but other than a few fun things that you could poke at, move and touch (Liam's favourite), we were a bit disappointed and found it a little bit meh.


In the afternoon we walked over to this cute pub in Didsbury ...


... to have dinner with the gorgeous Georgie ...


... and her man, Niall!


I mean, look at that smile, am I right?


Such a great time.


Then we went dancing at Swing North, which has our hearts.


Didn't take many photos, but here's one of Georgie DJ:ing.


And then we went to the pub. Obviously. :)


Last time we were here I actually tried a pickled egg. NEVER AGAIN.

Also I love the Britishness of this whole photo, not just the pickled eggs and the beer but the bags of crisps being torn open to share. I've never seen that outside of the UK.




These delightful people!!! <3

And then I didn't take any more photos from Manchester, as we left the morning after. As always, it felt a bit sad to leave. And at the same time, so strange that I lived there for eight months - and was largely unhappy. But that was then! Now I'm just so, so happy to come back and visit.


The day after we returned our hire car and jumped on a train to London. This is my very light yellow M&S lunch. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment