uk roadtrip part 10: more london



More London! And I saved the best for last, because Liam and I got to ...


... hang out with the fabulous Louise all evening! Okay, I realise that you can't actually see her here. Just you wait.


We met up for fika in the afternoon and then we took a walk along the South Bank. Last time we were in the UK, Louise was ill, so we couldn't see her then, and that meant we hadn't seen her since late 2019. That super sucks, but hanging out with her now was just such a DELIGHT.



There she is! This is when I snuck up on Liam and Louise (not on purpose) and took a photo from an angle Louise hadn't anticipated and I startled her a bit - sorry Louise. :)


It was such a great walk, the light was just gorgeous all afternoon and I wanted to eat it like ice cream.


And Louise was the best local tour guide, telling us all kinds of interesting things.




I really like London! By which I mean that I really like visiting London. It's much too big for me to live in, but visiting is great.





We walked to Borough Market and had dinner at Mallow, which was great. I had the whipped feta garden plate which was exactly what I wanted after two weeks of mostly bread based, heavy food.


And then I had the passion fruit chocolate cake because you know I can't resist passion fruit and chocolate together. Did not regret it.


<3


It came up in conversation that we hadn't found any pubs that had proper dark beer on hand pump this trip ...


... so after dinner, she took us to one that did. <3 At our last night in the UK, Louise saves the day.


Just such a great time.



And then, after an extra twenty minutes of chatting by the tube stop because we realised we had forgotten to talk about MUSICALS, it was time to say goodbye for now. Boo!


We had such great weeks in the UK, I'm filled up with love and gratitude.

No comments :

Post a Comment